Worship & Bible Studies at Faith
The community at Faith is a growing and creative community. Our worship services are grounded in scripture and focused on transforming lives. Many generations worship together at Faith and so we celebrate a blended service that is rooted in tradition but open to new ideas.
As Christians, we follow a God who said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them.” Thus, our worship services feature a children’s gathering at the altar, as well as nursery care in a room next to the sanctuary--with a window into the sanctuary.
Join us at 10:30am for worship, or come at 9:00am and join us for Sunday School. See below for times and locations.
Our worship starts at 10:30am every Sunday, and lasts until about 11:45am. It is a blended service featuring more contemporary praise songs as well as hymns every week. We have some traditional elements including prayer, creeds, and liturgies--and communion on the first Sunday of the month. However, the preaching is more contemporary and has a style
It would be excellent if every member of the congregation was involved in at least one Bible Study during the week. Please choose one study to attend each week, and bring a friend to join you. We have several opportunities:
- LifeTree Cafe is at the General Sutter Inn in Lititz on Mondays at 7pm: Lifetree Café is an outreach ministry where people who are not currently part of a church can come out and discuss a variety of issues where faith and life intersect—including hot-button issues like relationships, immigration, forgiveness, loss, etc. Bring friends who are not currently engaged with a church out for dinner and a discussion. You can buy a meal and/or drinks during the session. Visit www.lifetreecafelancaster.us for more info, video clips, and a list of upcoming topics.
- Thursday Morning Bible Study & Prayer at Faith UMC at 10am: Every week we meet together on Thursday mornings for Bible Study and prayer. This is a chance to honestly explore your faith—and how it impacts the rest of your life. We would love to have you join us. We are meeting in the Educational Wing. We are studying the hymns and what they teach us.
- Youth Sunday School is every week at 9am. All youth in 5th-12th grade are invited for a lesson in the corner classroom of the Education Wing--past the Fellowship Hall. This group is on a summer hiatus, and will pick back up again when school starts.
- Adult Sunday School is every week at 9am. We are meeting in first classroom on the right in the Education Wing.
- Children's Sunday School is every week at 9am and meets in the third classroom on the right in the Education Wing.
- Youth Group is each Sunday from 5-7pm: All youth in 5th-12th grade are invited. See more information about their schedule and events on the youth page. We have most of our meetings at Faith UMC--but stay tuned for special events and locations.